7 Ways to Transform Your Real Property Recording Process
Managing and tracking your loan portfolio can be time-consuming on a typical day, much less when volumes spike. Add to that the pressures of tighter deadlines, increased audits, and ever-changing county rules, and your team can become overstretched and your process prone to errors and rejections.
Real Property Recording From Painful to Productive
Making improvements to your mortgage-related document recording process can help reduce rejections, shorten turn times, minimize risk and increase team efficiency. Here are some of the ways that working with a solutions provider can help provide the relief you’ve been looking for.
- Integrate your loan system with a provider’s system: Whether you fully integrate your loan system or work with a provider’s system to upload loan data in bulk via spreadsheets, you’ll benefit from reduced rekeying, saving you time and resulting in fewer errors. Customized interface solutions are often available to meet your organization’s needs.
- Consider electronic recording: Reduce recording time to hours or days instead of weeks or months. eRecording can routinely speed up county turn-times 90% or more. A solution with eRecording capabilities across jurisdictions nationwide makes this a viable way to save your team time so they can work on other important tasks. Look for a solutions provider that can work with you whether you need help with paper documents or you go the electronic route.
- Utilize eSignature and eNotarization: With a system that incorporates all delivery methods a jurisdiction accepts (paper, eRecording, eSignature, correspondent), your team can apply their digitized Signature and Notarization directly to an image within the system and electronically send it to the county – paper free, in minutes. There is nothing faster!
- Maintain an activity log: A system that has an activity log will ensure full transparency and keep track of the important actions on your end and on the provider’s side.
- Customize templates based on your organization’s needs: A system that offers customizable template options can provide the flexibility that works best for your team’s workflow needs.
- Ensure your documents have all county required data: To reduce costly errors and save time, you want to be sure that your documents are completed with all required data for each jurisdiction. Look for a solution that clearly prompts users for all required data and that is current with all 3600+ jurisdictions nationwide to ensure accuracy.
- Create custom reporting: Look for a solution with a customized reporting feature that allows you to sort, filter and arrange your data in the format that works best for your organization 24/7.
Interested in learning even more? Visit our web page to see how our solution iLienRED® can help improve your process and streamline your team’s workflow.